Sunday 1 November 2009

Ideas and Inspirations

On starting the short A Que to Dance my first intentions were I want a film that used the carnival setting in an interesting way. I saw this as a great setting for a romance, but I didn’t want the romantic love interests to be perfect good normal characters. I went on to look into work that fit to and inspired my ideas for starting the film.

Picture 156Well first of carnival party and costumes, along with European towns inspirer me in many way; look, mood and style. The carnivals madness is important, but also can lead to bad story telling, so I will try to keep an eye on this. Saying this, in my film I want a senses of confusion for the characters and the viewer.

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         violet_mascata_venice_0207_007I

 27jour3951

Picture 161costumes_venice_13(1)

Picture 174 Picture 046

Picture 063

 

Also love carnival art and posters and I’m hoping they will also play a role in my story.

 

 

 

 Picture 0601242319681333

 

Animated short Cube; I love the use of fades in this short and the relationship between the male and female, its quirky and romantic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

brazil890789

brazil48

Brazil I liked the use of extreme angles shots and the odd way they fade in this move, but really the angles are what I took from this film.

brazil-movie-1

Avatar the last air bender, dancing and movement; a nickelodeon cartoon here I like its use of animation in dancing and the slow cuts to show important movements, I am a fan of the all of the series, but Book 3 Episode 02 - The Headband its used very well in a dance party. (Note music not related it is the best video to the scene I wanted)

 

tlaTarotCardFoolYoshitaka Amano; the art of Amano is work I’ve all ways admired and some of his colour works is reminiscent to the carnival atmosphere and I feel looking at his work will help with my characters designs.(link to more of his work in pic)>>>.

 

 tlaBadBoys

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tlaClawOfTheConciliator

Computer game Nintendo 64 Legend of Zelda Majora’s mask; this game has inspired my idea a lot not only in the carnival theme, but in romance story telling. I know a lot of my inspirations have been designs orientated, and here yes again visuals mmbg_3from Majora’s mask do inspire me, but in the game there is a lot of sub stories to a romantic genre that I found really helpful.

 

 

 

 

 

Background and Majoras Mask Front Largecharacters are great here and in the art work of the game I love this thick black shading seen on the characters.

 

 zmm-skullkid 

  majora_romani majora_mme_aroma

majora_oni_link

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Masaaki Yuasa’s Kaiba: the animation and story of Kaiba are so strong and moving I’m mostly adding it in hopes of using some of its style and mood for my movie, not much to say on that.

 

1241322646105 1236143431589

No comments:

Post a Comment